Comodo UCC SHA256
The Comodo UCC (Unified Communication Certificate) SHA256 can be used in 2 different ways:
- The Exchanges servers (2007, 2010 and 2013) protection
- Other kind of servers protection
Comodo UCC SHA256 and Microsoft Exchange servers
To secure your Exchange server and keep your datas private,
Microsoft advices the Comodo UC certificate, perfectly compatible with its products:
- Exchange 2007
- Office communication server 2007
- Office collaboration server 2007
- Exchange 2010
Exchange, communication and collaboration server, is used by professionnals to share timetables, contacts and tasks wich are reachable through mobile clients.
That certificate enables to secure each name used by the server to communicate with clients such as:
- Autodiscover : Outlook (email client)
- OWA (Outlook Web Access) : Webmail version of Outlook
- ActiveSync : Passerelle de synchronisation entre votre PC Windows et votre appareil mobile Windows
The information carried by the certificate of the company mycompany.com will be presented that way (asterisk beeing the internal name of the exchange server):
A SAN per client is then needed.
The Comodo UCC SHA256 is available with 3 or 12 SANs and can evolve along with your needs.
Extra technical information
- The UCC SHA256 allows to access Exchange from the outside through Autodiscover and Outlooks will be able to RPC over HTTPS.
- Limitation: If pocket PCs or Smartphones have to ActiveSynch with an Exchange server,check that the equipments use Windows mobile 5 or more recent versions.
- Limitation: ISA (Internet Security and Acceleration serveur) 2006 can work with certificates by the CN (and the first SAN) has to be the same than the official name defined in ISA.
- For Autodiscover, don't forget to create an autodiscover.ourdomain.com entry, aiming to your server!
Other server protection
The Comodo UCC SHA256 can be used with other servers than Exchange 2007, web server for example, they just have to redirect the flow according to the Host field of the HTTP protocole.
The Comodo UC certificates have only one CN field with the principal CN and SANs fields with the list of the names wanted.